Time to Start Making Summer Beach Vacation PlansMay 13th, 2011 by The JetSetter Team | Comments Off on Time to Start Making Summer Beach Vacation Plans
vacation spots around the world is that they are normally quite pricey. Your choices are 1) be quiet and pay it or 2) find a place an independently owned establishment that’s just as nice, maybe nicer, and carries a much lower price tag.
With that in mind, here’s a quick list, courtesy of TravelandLeisure.com, of prime sandy spots that won’t slaughter your wallet.
- Breakwater Inn and Spa – Kennebunkport, ME ($159)
- Evans Pelican Inn, Myrtle Beach, SC ($250)
- Azul del Mar – Key Largo, FL
- Sea View Inn – Carmel, CA ($135)
- Puako Bed & Breakfast – Big Island, HI ($98)
- CasaSandra Hotel -Holbox Island, Mexico ($190)
- Todos Santos Inn – Todos Santos, Mexico ($125)
- Tres Sirenas Beach Inn – Puerto Rico ($170)
- Bellavista Bed & Breakfast – St. Thomas ($175)
- Sol e Luna Inn – St. Martin ($125)
- Bahari Beach Bungalows – Costa Rica ($95)
And this is just a small sampling of the full list found here .
Like David Bowie and Mick Jagger said a long time ago: summer’s here and the time is right for dancing in the streets! And for taking an awesome summer beach vacation. The takeaway point is this. It doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg to find a room with a watery, sandy view. Mainly you just have to venture outside the comfort zone of an international brand name and go for a locally owned slice of paradise, of which there are many around the world.
One thing to keep in mind, if you plan to travel outside the United States, make sure your passport is in working order. Plan to spend around $150 per person to get one from your local representative of the United States Postal Service. One caveat is the Caribbean, especially if your itinerary includes US commonwealths like the Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico and you’re traveling by sea. The rules regarding passports are bit more lax in such instances.
Read a good summary of how to visit the Caribbean without a passport here .
The Jetsetter Show Team
Flickr / dboy
Tags: summer beach vacation