Make a Difference: The Kasbah du ToubkalOctober 7th, 2012 by The JetSetter Team | Comments Off on Make a Difference: The Kasbah du Toubkal
The Kasbah du Toubkal is one of those places. Located in the Atlas Mountains in Marrakesh, Morocco, this luxurious hideaway offers views of Mt. Toubkal (the highest peak in North Africa) and is a great escape for those who are environmentally conscious.
Rather than settling for a cookie-cutter hotel room when staying in Morocco, choose instead the authentic décor that offers insight into a traditional Berber lifestyle. The grounds are walled, containing the captivating array of garden plants and flowers. This self-proclaimed “Berber hospitality center” connects you to the local mountain people and community.
The Kasbah du Toubkal is the former dwelling of a Feudal Caid which, with the help and imagination of the Berber and European communities, has been redesigned into a mountain resort of utmost decadence and comfort. For those seeking a mountain vacation in a beautiful landscape, then the Kasbah du Toubkal is your destination.
The accommodations range from the basic to the lavish. Fourteen suites make up the basic, superior, and deluxe rooms. Comfortable rooms with real walnut furnishings, a private bath or shower, tea and coffee facilities, as well as a CD player.
Superior and Deluxe
Spacious rooms complete with bath and a terrace or balcony to enjoy the scenery.
A private, secluded area with two suites and a gathering room. Guests can book half or the entire house, which sleeps six.
Additionally, the Kasbah du Toubkal offers three Berber Salons, which are great for families or groups, due to the shared bathroom facilities. Unlike regular hotels, a stay at the Kasbah du Toubkal provides assistance to environmental and socially-responsible programs, including:
- Five percent of all rates benefit the Imlil Villiage Association community programs, such as the school, public baths, and emergency services.
- The resort’s spring water tastes better than bottled water and does not result in plastic bottles in landfills.
- Natural building materials were used in the renovation of this resort.
- Energy saving devices are used, including solar heating for the water system and energy-wise light bulbs.
- Waste water is treated and recycled.
- The hotel has set up trash collection and disposal for the community.
- The resort developed a scholarship fun to send local girls from the community to college.
- The Kasbah du Toubkal is a member of the Green Globe certification program.
Enjoy a unique vacation experience while knowing that you are making a difference both socially and environmentally by staying at the Kasbah du Toubkal. For information on making a difference in your investment portfolio, contact Jason Hartman. (Top image: Flickr | simonsimages)
The Jetsetter Show Team